Yard Waste, Branch Pickup and Fall Cleanup Programs
Tue, 06/21/2016 - 15:08
New Branch Pickup Policy Effective September 7, 2015
BRANCH PICK-UP AND REMOVAL POLICY
(A) The Village shall provide a monthly branch pick-up and removal service to Village property owners. The following criteria must be met for a Village property owner to qualify for this service:
(1) All qualifying branches shall be generated from the property where the brush is placed for collection. Importing of brush from anywhere other than the property from which the brush is placed is prohibited. Brush for pick-up must also be placed by the resident and not the remains from a professional tree or landscape service.
(2) All branches shall be placed curbside in front of the residence parallel to the curb on or before 7:00 a.m. on the first Monday of each month. Once the Village has cleared an area, it will not return that area until the next month’s scheduled pick-up. Branches shall not be placed for pick-up before 7:00 a.m. on the Thursday before pick-up is to occur. If the first Monday of the month is a holiday recognized by the Village, then branch pick-up will occur on the following Tuesday.
(3) Branches shall be no more than 6 inches in diameter and no more than 6 feet in length.
(4) Branch piles shall be no more than 12 feet long by three feet deep by four feet tall (12’ x 3’ x 4’).
(5) No whole trees will be removed by the Village for any reason regardless of size and shall not be placed with branches for pick-up.
(6) No building materials, fence posts, wire, rocks, plastic tubing, weeds, garden vegetation, or other foreign material shall be placed with branches for pick-up.
(B) The property owner is responsible for proper disposal if any brush does not qualify for the pick-up service. Any deviation from the aforementioned criteria including brush placed on the parkway at times other than during the scheduled pick-up time will be considered a nuisance and subject to a fine in accordance with the Village Code.
(C) Residents will continue to have the option of hauling their branches to the brush pile located behind the Village Electric Shop at 9507 South Main during regular business hours.
(D) The Village may, in its sole discretion, remove branches causing a traffic hazard after significant storm damage or other emergency. The Village has no obligation to pick-up branches that fall on private property during a storm other than in accordance with the obligations imposed upon it by this Section.
Yard Waste Program Policy (Update 03/03/2017)
Citizens of Chatham may pick-up yard waste bags from the Village Utility Office located at 116 E. Mulberry starting on March 27, 2017 through April 17, 2017.
The office is open between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:15 p.m.
Please remember: There is a 3-bundle limit per household.
Curb side pick up schedule will be as follows:
First day of pickup is Monday April 10, 2017 thru Last day of pickup is Friday April 21, 2017
All bags must be placed at curb side or ditch area.
Any bags with grass clippings will NOT be picked up
2016 Fall Clean-Up
Saturday October 1, 2016
7:00 a.m. to 12:00p.m.
Chatham Community Park
Enter on Park St. and Exit on S. Main
Saturday October 8, 2016
7:00 a.m. to 12:00p.m.
West Side Park
Enter on Downing St. and Exit on Churchill Dr.
The Village of Chatham will furnish dumpsters and personnel to assist in un-loading material brought to the Park's by citizens of Chatham only,
I.D. must be shown for proof of address.
The following materials will not be accepted; electronics, tires, yard waste, batteries, dirt, computers, televisions, concrete, roofing, railroad ties, paint or any appliance with freon. If the appliance has had the freon removed, we will accept the appliance.
If you are at least 65 or handicapped and need assistance with your material, please call the Village office at 483-2451 and your name will be placed on a list for help. Please let us know what material you need to get rid of at the time you call.
If you have any questions, please call the Village office at 483-2451.