1. The membership of the Planning Commission shall consist of nine members.
2. Any resident of voting age of the Village of Chatham or resident of unincorporated Sangamon County with 1½ miles of Chatham shall be eligible to participate as a member of the Planning Commission. The President may accept recommendations for member to the Planning Commission from any citizen within the Village of Chatham.
3. Members to the Planning Commission shall be appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Village Board of Trustees. Such appointments shall be made by a resolution passed by the Village Board of Trustees at either a regular or special Village Board meeting. Membership terms shall be set out in the resolution in accordance with paragraphs 4 and 5 below.
4. Members to the Planning Commission shall serve for a term of 6 years. Such terms shall be in accordance with the scheduled outlined under paragraph 7 of these Bylaws. Membership renewal shall be subject to reappointment by the President with the advice ad consent of the Village Board of Trustees.
5. The Chairperson of the Planning Commission shall be selected by and from the Planning Commission membership. The Chairperson shall serve for a term of 2 years.
6. No member of the Planning Commission shall serve more than 2 consecutive terms as the Chairperson.
7. Beginning on the effective date of these Bylaws, members of the Planning Commission shall be appointed such that the term of 3 members shall expire at the end of the second year, 3 at the end of the fourth year, and 3 at the end of the sixth year. The initial appointment of the Planning Commission members shall be drawn by lot by the Planning and Programming Subcommittee of the Village Board of Trustees. The Village Board shall pass a resolution specifying the names and terms of the Planning Commission members at its first regular meeting after the effective date of these Bylaws.
8. Any member appointed to fill a vacancy occurring prior to the expiration of the term for which his/her predecessor was appointed shall be appointed for the remainder of such term. Vacancies shall be filled pursuant to the provisions outlined in this Article.
9. Members of the Planning Commission may be removed by the President, with the consent of the Village Board of Trustees, as in the case of other Village officers. Any member who is absent for two consecutive meetings without informing the Chairperson without a good and sufficient reason shall be deemed to have requested removal by the Village President. Notification of such absence shall be given to the Chairperson or Secretary of the Planning Commission.
10. The Chairperson of the Planning Commission may appoint one of the members as Vice- Chairperson. The Vice-Chairperson shall act in the Chairperson's place and stead when the Chairperson is out of the Village, ill, or otherwise unable to perform the functions of Chairperson. When acting on behalf of the Chairperson, the Vice-Chairperson shall have all of the powers of the Chairperson, including but not limited to chairing meetings of the Planning Commission and signing plats and other documents on behalf of the Planning Commission.
Regular Meeting. The regular meetings of the Planning Commission shall be held on the third Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the municipal hall of the Village of Chatham.
Special Meetings. Special meetings can be called by the Chairperson of the Planning Commission, or by any member of the Planning Commission, or at the request of the Village Board, and shall be called upon the written request of the person calling the meeting. The purpose of the meeting shall be stated in the call, except in cases of emergency, at least three calendar days' notice shall be given. All meetings of the Planning Commission shall be in accordance with the Open Meetings Act.
Board Member Replacements. If you are interested in serving on the Planning Commission please send a resume or a bio to email@example.com.
Richard Funderburg (2018-2024)
Joseph Bolletta (2018-2024)
Dave Johnson (2014-2020)
Jane Hay (2017-2022)
Rob Waller (2017-2022)
Jason Ground (2018-2024)
Nancy Daugherty (2014-2020)
Jon Sturgeon (2014-2020)
Chairman Jason Jones (2017-2022)